Welcome to La Vie en Vosges!

We are Richard (English) and Anne-Sophie (French), we met in England and after too many years living the rat race in London we decided to finally take the jump and start a new life in the French countryside (Alsace). We moved to a small town called Cernay at the end of 2009. This blog is about us settling in, to keep in touch with our friends and hopefully also to give some inspiration to other people who are thinking of changing life!

Saturday 19 December 2009

Last weekend before Christmas



















Back at my parents for the weekend, we finally got some snow last night. We must have been the last part of Europe to get any! I went for a quick Christmas shopping trip in Strasbourg this morning and found the ground very very slippery. Still, very pleased to have managed to get everything I wanted on the same day without too much stress.

Had a bit of a panic when I entered a shop that I believed to be Zara and did not like any of the clothes displayed. My world suddenly went upside down! Only when I left did I realise than it was not a Zara anymore. My Zara radar could never fool me! :)

Back home I helped my mum to prepare the tradional 'bredala', the little Alsatian Christmas cakes. It's a kind of military operation. There are some many different kind of bredala, and the whole point is to bake lots of different ones.



So you have to be very organised in the kitchen.







Then we like to put them in little bags and give them to people. It's like bredala swap time. Obvioulsy each family does special bredala so you can try different sorts each time.



1 comment:

  1. bon, personne n'a fait de commentaire sur tes bredala, moi je trouve ca sympa: ca me donne envie d'etre Alsacienne, adieu la potee Auvergnate et vive la choucroute et les bredalalalalala!!!...bonne annee et surtout que 2010 vous apporte tt ce que vs souhaitez Rich et toi (1 bb peut etre, maintenant que t 1 pro de la puericulture!)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete